Monday, July 19, 2010

July 19 – Day 14: From Mountains, to Lakes, to the Atlantic Ocean



Finally internet access so I can update my blog. I didn't have it for the last 2 nights.

I was right about the weather this morning. It was 59 degrees when I woke up - it slept good.

I left the White Mountains of New Hampshire this morning and headed towards Maine. The first area in Maine is what is referred to as the lakes area. I would compare it to the Brainard area in Minnesota but with more hills. There are lots of lakes, cabins, resorts and the such. From there I was on my way back to the Atlantic ocean. The majority of the day was spent riding along the ocean area and weaving in and out of areas to get closer to the water. Unfortunately, I did not find many places where you can actually see much of the ocean. In some areas, there are large areas of swamps prior to the open water. In other areas, you can see the water in various bays but again not much open water. This is very different than driving along Lake Superior in Minnesota where you can drive miles right along the shore line.

Since I am in Maine, I had to have some lobster. today I had a Lobster roll (lobster meat with mayo in a sandwich). Tomorrow I plan to have a freshly cooked lobster. There are several steam cookers near the place I am staying tonight.

I ended my day today near Acadia national Park in Bar Harbor. I am staying at a KOA near the park enterance. Ouch, $53 for a primitive camp site! My plan for a good part of tomorrow is to ride through the park. After that, there are some roads in northern Maine that I would also like to ride.

1 comment:

  1. Looking for a great vacation getaway this summer? Then look no further than Island View Resort in Knife River, Minnesota. Island View Resort is your best choice for a Lake Superior Cabin experience on the North Shore in northern Minnesota. Located minutes away from Duluth and Two Harbors, Island View Resort provides a pet-friendly atmosphere in selected cabins. The resort features beautiful views of Knife Island and Lake Superior, and offers cozy lake and pine view cabins. Whether you are looking for two harbors mn lodging or duluth mn resorts, Island View Resort is sure to exceed your expectations.

    ReplyDelete