Monday, July 12, 2010

Day 7 - July 12: Across Pennsylvania




Today's route was across southern Pennsylvania and a little bit into Maryland. The route I chose was very nice and included many wooded areas and a variety of terrain. I even saw a back bear on one of the back roads I was on. He didn't stick around long enough for a picture.

At the end of my day I did a little loop into Maryland. Then it looked like it might rain so I got my camp site at a KOA and got everything set up. I then was on my way to Gettysburg to get a bite to eat when I drove by the battlefield where much of the Gettysburg battle took place so I took some time to drive through looked at some of the information and monuments that are there. I'm not into Civil War history but it is hard to imagine the number of people that died during those 3 days of battle. The Confederate army was very close to winning the battle; how would the USA be different today had that happened?

Tomorrow's route is through Maryland, Delaware and New Jersey. I know I won't make the entire route I have planned. Also, not sure what to expect for traffic and weather. Either could cause me to change my plans.

For and update on my dad's heart procedure today; everything thing went very well. The doctors believe his heart is in better shape than previously thought. If everything goes as planned, he will be going home on Tuesday.

It is starting to rain, so I better put the computer away for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment