Saturday, July 24, 2010

Day 18 - July 23: Home at Last


I arrived home at 7:00 p.m. on Friday night, safe and sound with no incidents to report. The total mileage for the trip was 7,125 miles. I will provide more details when I have time to update my spreadsheets and put my final thoughts together. Today, I just wanted to let everyone know that I made it home.

I left Trisha's around 8:15 and went to visit my relatives (Jed and Judy). It had not seen them for a while so it was good to catch up on family news with each other. Jed recently had open heart surgery to repair a valve in his heart so he is just beginning his recovery process. After having breakfast and visiting I continued my journey homeward.

I called my brother Perry that lives in Wisconsin to see if he was going to be home in the afternoon but they were going to be at a wedding so I didn't get a chance to him.

I stopped at my daughter Lindsey's place in Eau Claire for about 30 minutes before she had to go to work.

From Eau Claire, I couldn't stand to take the freeway anymore so I headed north on Hwy 53 and then come across on Hwy 8 through Wisconsin to Taylors Falls and then cross country to home.

What a trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment