Friday, July 9, 2010

Day 4 - July 9: 555, 26, 536, 565 - Winner!





What is with all the numbers in the title for today's blog? Great roads I was on! If anyone is looking for fun roads to ride, these should be on the "must" list. 555, also known as the "Triple Nickle", was a great road that just went on and on. 536 is referred to as the "cousin" of the "Tail of the Dragon" which I rode last year. 565 is near 536 and almost as much fun. These are the roads I search for in advance of my trip to make it memorable. I have also attached photos of a couple of covered bridges that I came upon today.

Unfortunately the weather did not cooperate as well today. Starting around mid morning there were occasional showers and short periods of moderate rain. It actually felt refreshing at first compared to the 90+ degree weather I had the previous days. However, in the afternoon it turned into constant rain that was even heavy at times. I finally put on the rain gear and then changed my route to get to my required destination (Morgantown WV). I still had some good roads planned for the afternoon but I had to resort to the freeway for the last segment due to the continued rain. When I switch routes, I was only about 40 miles from my destination "as the crow flys", however, in this area there are no straight roads to get from point A to point B so it took almost 2 hours (there was also freeway construction).

I had planned to camp again tonight but with everything I had on wet and it was still raining, I opted for a Super 8 instead. As I am writing this, I am also doing laundry to clean and dry my cloths.

Tomorrow my class starts at 7:30. We all meet at an IHOP which is very near my hotel for breakfast and getting everything in order. I am really forward to this class; I hope it is as good as I hope it will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment