Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Day 1 - July 6: Home to Chicago




The journey today was leaving from home at 6:15 and arriving in Wheeling IL (suburb in North Chicago) where my daughter lives. I arrived around 4:30. We then when out to eat with her and her fiance (John). FYI - the dog in the photo is named Einstein (Ein for short) - he is their Pembroke Welsh Corgi (the ones without tails).

Rather than taking the interstate (which I prefer to avoid), I followed the Mississippi river on the Wisconsin side from Prescott Wisconsin to near Debuque Iowa and then went cross country to Rockford IL and then I took the tollway/interstate for the last hour or so. There are some great back roads to ride along the way so I took a couple of quick detours but I had to stay focused on my destination for the day.

Tomorrow's journey will not be a fun ride. I plan to leave Wheeling early in the morning (around 6:00) to beat some of the traffic and ride while it is a cooler. My destination is Columbus Indiana. I have meetings for work there beginning at 2:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment